Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mid May? What happened to April?

Today is Wednesday - Hump Day - and I commented on a friend's post on Facebook that my month doesn't stop until the end of the month... so can we just make this Hump Month for me? And then it dawned on me... HOLY SMOKES! May is almost half over... the year is almost half over... my wedding planning is almost half over... WOW. April was really busy for me:
  • Garrison and I competed in several dog shows in California and Arizona.
  • My mom flew to Phoenix to spend time with me and cheer me and Gman on in the show ring.
  • My mom drove back to LA with me so we could do wedding shopping and such.
  • We visited Parker's Lighthouse in Long Beach to consider it as the location for our December wedding reception.
  • I flew to Houston, Texas to attend my first National Rotating Specialty for Scotties and was given "Astronaut Scottie".
  • Our Southern California Bouvier des Flandres Club had its 30th annual specialty.
  • My friend Jeannette (who was the judge for our specialty) stayed at my house.
  • Gman the Bouvier, Astronaut Scottie, Jeannette and I had a photo-filled Monday on Rodeo Drive.
  • I flew to Haltom City, Texas to attend my first Birthday Crawfish Boil hosted by my brother and sister-in-law.
  • Rod met my brother and sister-in-law and niece and nephew.
May hasn't slowed down. And it's not slowing down. Until the end of June. For about a weekend. Maybe.


Another hotel stay - this one with friends both human and hounds - over a dog show weekend.

My mom (aka Grandmommy) and Garrison at Cardinal Stadium in Phoenix.

Shopping for wedding stuff in downtown LA with my mom.


Rod and Nickel at the National Rotating Scottie Specialty in Houston.

Gman the Bouvier at the SCBdFC Specialty themed "Bouvi-lei". We didn't compete. We worked.

Gman and Astronaut Scottie hanging at Urth Caffé in Beverly Hills.

Uncle Rod, Sadie and Marc with crawfish poking sticks.

The boys standing around drinking beer and staring at a boiling bucket of water. With some crawfish in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment