Thursday, February 4, 2010

T-minus 2 days - February Road Trip!

It's Thursday morning and I've been up since 6:45am... mostly thanks to Garrison licking my face and encouraging me to get up and start the day. We have an 11am appointment to get a new set of tires on the car and it's Trash Day, so I had to clean out any unpleasant items from the fridge... or items that would end up scaring the neighbors before we return.

I laugh at Garrison whenever I move the bins in and out. You see, he hates the sound of OTHER people moving their bins, hates loud sustained booming noises at any time, not just before 9am (challenging your movie trivia knowledge), yet he loves to "work" and will follow right along me when I'm moving OUR bins. I figure he is channeling his cart-pulling ancestors or merely herding the bins making sure they don't get out of line or away from me. The happy and silly smile on his face when I call him off of the bins as he trots back to the driveway cracks me up.

We have a lot to get done today and tomorrow before we drive away Saturday morning.... early. We are fulfilling our SoCal Bouvier Club obligations by spending the morning and early afternoon in Menifee at our Valentine Fun Match before driving to Flagstaff.

Oh... and we'll be hitting 12 states on this road trip:

California (duh!)
Arizona
New Mexico
Texas
Oklahoma
Missouri
Illinois
Indiana
Ohio
Iowa
Kansas
Colorado

In Garrison's first 3 years of life (his 3rd birthday is March 16th - coming up soon!) he has been to more states than Emilie ever made. She was a western kinda pup (CA, AZ, NM, CO, UT, NV) with one trip to Texas thrown in there. How she loved road trips. Garrison was born in California, but made the trip with me and Miss Em to Albuquerque in 2008. He and I flew to Oregon last July and went to a friend's house in Washington State and then we were off on the East Coast this past fall - Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont and Rhode Island.

He'll have been in 20 states by the time we get back from our February Road Trip - not too shabby for the boy pup!

I just hope that road conditions don't get nasty while we're driving 2/3 across the country.

Well, we have many more things to do today - morning ritual these days consists of going to AM/PM for "cheap ass coffee", sometimes getting an egg and cheese burrito from Del Taco (400 calories) and hitting up the park so that Garrison can chase his beloved ball and burn off Happy Puppy energy. We also have that whole laundry thing to get done, house cleaning, tax prep 2009, show pony bath, dry and groom job (tomorrow) and various assorted chores before launching the mobile dog crate (aka The Honda Element) Saturday morning.

And I have to accomplish this week's goal of hitting the gym 5 days in a row. So far, we've made it Monday through Wednesday... so add two more trips to the gym in the above mix.

I can't believe it's already Thursday!! WHOOO HOOO!!! By this time next week I'll be with my awesome boyfriend, a couple of his Scotties and we'll be dog showing in Indianapolis! How fun!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment